Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Refresh!

Hey whats up guys, so for the new year I decided to manage my blog a bit. I decided to start from scratch for 2009, this blog will be for sketches and concept art. If you are interested in staying up to date on all my toy releases, gallery shows and kaNO kid related inquiries please follow the kaNO kid blog. for now lets get the sketches on a roll.

This is a sketch I did for a collabo show I did titled Street Tribe starring Jesse Hernandez and myself. Originally we where suppose to collaborate on paintings, however it ended up being easier said than done since he is in San Fran and I am in NY. Anyway with his permission I was able to design this piece using my style and some of his tribal trademark designs. I think the styles merged nicely.
Next up is another concept I did for one of my toy signings, this features my recent vinyl figure titled Bodega. Designer vinyl toys aren't meant to do much in the action department, so I wanted to take the opportunity to promote the figure as animated as possible.
This last piece was for kicks, those of you who known my work for a while know I've always played around with the concept of having my characters posed out in the form of letters. Anyway here is a fun little concept I knocked out before I passed out LOL.

15 Comments:

Matt D. Lee said...

Awesome, Kano! I just purchased a BODEGA online and I'm anxiously waiting for it in the mail! Can't wait to have it on my desk at work. Amazing work, man -peace

Uncle Phil said...

Hey... save me a glow in the dark Bodega. Or drop me a line when you put them on your store. I always liked the green quarter water more than the red.

-p

kaNO! said...

I will definitely drop you a line Phil, thanks for dropping by Matt, and thanks to the both of you for the support.

I really appreciate it.

ALBERT PARDO said...

YO THAT LAST PIECE SPELLING OUT YOUR NAME IS DOPE..! I REALLY DIG IT, THAT NEEDS TO BE A SHIRT OR A PRINT, OR ON THE BACK OF YOUR JANSPORT DONE IN UNIBALL PAINT MARKERS...

evan said...

Yeah, I like the name piece a lot too! I'll definitely be following the sketches. Nice!

Tony DiStefano said...

Kanno these are really great.Everything flows beautifully and has that strong solid struture.Very appealing desighns.

Charles (Illumistrations) said...

Some cool ass stuff here man...

Joseph Lee said...

Fantastic sketches! Very sweet!

Tystarr said...

Always awesome stuff.

Josh Frost said...

Nice work! I Like the style!

Unknown said...

Interesting! But too bad you took down the old stuff. I was trying to show someone some of your old blogs. Anyway. I'm looking forward to the new '09 shizzle :P
~One

Leocartunista said...

Congratulations for all your works...your style is amazing.
Greetings from Brazil.
Cheers!!!

Sean Galloway said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sean Galloway said...

your lines have magic to it, and continues to inspire me!

it was good seeing ya, brudda.

i'm glad we got to connect. can you hit me up with your address through my email? i want to send you my book for how cool you were. i wanted to give it to ya on Sunday, but i couldn't find ya. hope to see ya soon, bud.

Antoine Cunningham said...

Hey Kano, what's up man? This is Antoine Cunningham, do you Remember me? Anyway, your stuff looks so awesome man. I love your style that you have with your character. Man your stuff is nice. Anyway just happen to searching net, and I ran across your site. I just wanted to give you a shout out, and I hope all is well. Hey I'm not in New york anymore, I'm out here in Montana working for some video game company. Well keep-up the good work, Kano. Ant My email: antstar6929@yahoo.com